Soundslides Forum

Having trouble with precision editing. Sound seems to slide (pun)

Experienced “old” Soundslides Plus user with 50+ slide shows, but this is my first in new iteration. 87 slides with a 22 minute mp3. No problem with first pass, but trying to do precise editing it seems that the audio seems to slip when I try to move a slide position to make the timing more precise. As a result, when I download to video, downstream timings of various slides are off are off. I used to be able to specify a precise numerical timing for each slide. It was a little more work, but the product was perfect.

Let me try describing my problem again. When I go back into a saved slideshow to tweak where a slide is on the audio, I can change one at a time okay but often several other but not all downstream slides move off their preset timing (therefore NOT a push problem). For example, when trying to code reveal lists, my first pass is okay but if I try to make any upstream adjustments, my reveal slides are off by as much as a bullet point and a half. I’m going nuts. What am I doing wrong?
Ray

Hey Ray.

I’m sorry about that frustration. I ran across something similar (though not quite exactly the same) last year, but I thought it was fixed. It’s fixed here in my test files now. This issue must be something else.

Let me investigate and get back to you today (GMT -5). I’ve got some similar slide shows in the 25-minute range I can use.

It would help to see the original though, can you email me the editing URL of your show?

help@tungite.com

You know, I left that out because of its tediousness, but it makes a lot of sense for small adjustments on very long shows. I’ll put that on the short-term todo list.

Thanks!
Joe

Hey Ray.

I think got this figured out. The problem is related to the waveform data (which is what the timings are based on when you move the slide on the timeline). The waveforms are rendered based off of the audio’s bitrate mode (either variable or constant) … for some reason, variable mode was causing issues with longer audio files.

I deployed the fix a few minutes ago. Refresh the page if you’ve got the editor open in your browser.

Again, sorry for the frustration.

joe

Hey Joe,
Sorry I didn’t respond earlier with the URL (we tend to be well behind y’all down here in Australia even though we’re actually ahead), but have tried your fix in the last minute since waking up and it seems to work. I can actually slide the slide into the right spot on the waveform. Will advise if the fix becomes unfixed in some unfathomable CCP-virus type way but otherwise thanks so much for the prompt and effective response!
Blessings and thanks from Down Under,
Ray

Hey Joe,
Have now finished editing the slideshow in less than 30 minutes (after mucho frustrating hours yesterday). With your current timeline interface, the numerical timing will not be an issue for me. Thanks.
On another issue, just askin’, but why don’t you allow a 4:3 aspect as one of your standards as that is the PowerPoint default?
Thanks again,
Ray

Oh, that’s a good idea. I might be able to implement that before the sun comes up in Australia.

joe

It’s up now.

And there’s a corresponding HD export option for 1440x1080 on the show’s Export page.

I wish every feature request could be deployed so quickly. :slight_smile:

joe

Hey Joe,
Thanks so much! I wish everyone worldwide could be so responsive. Awesome.
Blessings,
Ray