Soundslides Forum

Link on Slide Option?

Hey Joe - how hard would it be (if not possible already) to construct a slide with a link (perhaps as an overlay) to promote a sponsor’s webpage and/or product?

It’s not possible in the application at the moment, but that is on the todo list.

The link wouldn’t be included when you export to video however. Interactive elements aren’t possible in .mp4 files.

Hi Joe
I have a project pending where this would be useful. Any idea if/when this might be offered as a feature?

I was planning it for the end of this month, but the bulk of the work is already done.
I can get a beta out in the next day or so if you’d to give it a go.

-joe

I just rolled out the update with an invisible link overlay. This overlay turns the entire image area into a link (other than the play/pause control bar), for the duration of the overlay. In this way, you can have different links onscreen for different groupings of images and overlay types.

Here’s a demo of an invisible link overlay.

There’s a link to a new window at 0:01, and a link to the same window at 0:20.

To add an invisible link overlay

1. Open your show up in the timeline editor.

2. Click the Overlays tab.

1. Click Add Invisible Link Overlay

1. Add your desired link, in point and duration.

1. Choose whether you want your link to open in a new window or not.

2. Click *Save

I have plans for additional interactive link overlays, but this was the most flexible of the bunch and will get us started.

In testing, I’ve paired the invisible link with other overlay types, and even put graphical buttons on the images themselves.

It’s worth noting that none of these “interactive” overlay types will export to video. Video files themselves can’t interactive elements like links.

Let me know what you think!

thx
joe

1 Like

FYI - I used this option over a month ago and it worked fine. I had a presentation where the speaker stopped his slides and played a YouTube video. This option allowed me to send the viewer to YouTube to watch and then come back to finish the show. Don’t know how I would have done it otherwise.